Monday 24 October 2011

Jammy Dodger Forever





Growing up at school, people would use this word 'Jammy'.  If you do not know the meaning of this word let me explain. It refers to some one who comes into luck by chance, or you could say unmerited favour.  Since childhood, I distinctly remember there being times when I have been very Jammy.  Getting the most drop dead gorgeous boyfriend, when I was one of the most quietest girls at school, getting chosen to go on a trip that only had a limited number of places, finding the most unique fashion accessories and stand out pieces, even though I never had any money.  I know there were lots more examples but more than anything I remember times thinking, 'there is no way I can do this, get this on my own, but I'm going to choose to believe somehow, it will happen', and when it did- that being the most exciting and happiest feeling ever.  At some stage I abandoned Jammy thinking, for serious-grown up thinking.  There comes a time in life sometimes (for me it was early twenties), when one thinks that in order to progress in life you should take yourself very seriously.  I think its right to take work seriously and work hard, but the fact is that I have limitations, and when I take myself so seriously, I loose the faith that can actually take me beyond myself, and that's rather frustrating.  There are so many people you could look at and say- 'it's not fair- how can that untalented, or generally not very special person get that in that high position', but instead of being frustrated by that, I think its better to see it as hope that something equally as good can happen for me with my limited talents and abilities.  I have reverted back to Jammy thinking for some time now.  Grace land is a lot sunnier.  So, this sketch is for all the jammy dodgers out there.  There will be a lot of people who do not appreciate or understand our Jammieness, and will even be envious. But we must keep on- well, Jamming? Excuse the punn.  

Jam on, 

Kat, xx  

No comments: